Test Automation Technician
TriLumina Corp., an Albuquerque based high-tech company that is developing a unique optoelectronic device and system technology, has an opening for an experienced test technician with LabView-based computer interfacing and test automation skills. The candidate needs to have a strong technical background and a proven track record in previous relevant positions and/or an educational background that includes electronic and/or optoelectronic testing. Flexibility, resourcefulness, and a willingness to learn and thrive in a dynamic small team environment are essential traits.
The Test Technician will play a primary role in testing TriLumina’s vertical cavity laser devices and will work with the engineering staff to do optical and electrical testing on devices and products, and to develop and execute related product testing.
Brief Description of Principle Tasks:
- Perform LabView programming for test data acquisition and automation.
- Follow test documentation to execute and document results for photonics systems, devices, and supporting electronics.
- Test execution for product characteristics.
- Familiarity with common data formats and using Excel for data plotting.
- Interface with electronic part and instrument manufacturers and vendors to evaluate components and systems for prototyping and product development testing.
- Use electronic test equipment to characterize semiconductor laser performance.
- Interface with environmental test chambers for automation control of quality and reliability systems.
- Build test fixtures and data acquisition systems for test and measurement of high-speed photonics devices and systems.
- Conduct testing to determine functionality and to establish limits of photonics systems or components.
- Document all test result data in written format.
- Create work instruction documentation for new and existing test procedures.
The Test Technician will work within and help to support a world-class laser development team. This position will help bring next generation high-power VCSEL arrays from idea to reality. The position requires breadth and depth of skill and excellent ability to collaborate with laser device and test engineers, technologists, reliability experts, and manufacturing process specialists.
Education-Training/Experience Required of Applicants:
At least 24 months of experience and proficiency with electronic and/or optoelectronic testing is required. An associate or bachelor’s degree in a related technical field is a plus. Equivalent or related educational experience will be considered. Experience with optical, fiber optical and/or laser measurement is a plus. Experience in a laboratory environment (lab organization, scheduling and execution of tests, basic equipment maintenance) is also a plus.