Optoelectronics Test Engineer
TriLumina Corp., an Albuquerque based high-tech company that is developing a unique optoelectronic device and system technology, has an opening for an experienced Optoelectronics Test Engineer. The successful candidate needs to have a broad optical measurement and optoelectronics testing background. It is necessary that the candidate understands key radiometric concepts and measurement techniques. This person will help Trilumina design test systems for semiconductor lasers and illuminator modules that meet demanding performance specifications. The candidate will possess a strong technical background and a proven record of accomplishment in previous relevant positions. Flexibility, resourcefulness, and a willingness to learn and thrive in a dynamic small team environment are essential traits.
The Optoelectronics Test Engineer will work with an experienced team on the design, modeling, development, and manufacture of pulsed electro-optical illuminator modules that are based on TriLumina’s vertical-cavity laser devices and assemblies. This person will work closely with other members of the engineering staff to test and evaluate photonic and electronic products that use this technology and fit within the related LiDAR application space.
- Design accurate and efficient test systems for evaluation of high power, pulsed semiconductor lasers and near-infrared illumination systems
- Perform programming for test data acquisition and automation
- Write test documentation and procedures for photonics systems, devices, and supporting electronics.
- Work with quality and network support staff to automate data collection and analysis
- Use electronic test equipment to characterize semiconductor laser performance
- Use optical beam characterization equipment, including spectrometers, power and energy meters, integrating spheres, signal sampling and averaging instruments and scientific cameras
- Build test fixtures and data acquisition systems for test and measurement of high-speed photonics devices and systems
- Calibrate test setups for optical and electrical characterization and setup and maintain statistical process control procedures for the test stations
- Minimum 3-5 direct years of experience in laser or optical measurements
- Experience with automating laboratory instrumentation with LabView or an equivalent software language or system
- Experience is supporting manufacturing processes with test data acquisition and analysis
- Ability to collaborate with laser device engineers, technologists, technicians, reliability experts, and manufacturing process specialists and contribute in a team environment.
- At least a bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Optics, Physics or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience with semiconductor optoelectronic devices (VCSELs, semiconductor lasers, or photo detectors)
- Specific experience with related products for automotive applications is a plus